Thursday, January 31, 2013

Daily Quotes To Live By in 2013 - January 31

When I was in a concentration camp during the WW II, we had to stand every day for two or three hours for roll-call - often in the icy-cold wind. Once a woman guard used these hours to demonstrate her cruelty. I could hardly bear to see and hear what happened in front of me. Suddenly a skylark started to sing high in the sky. We all looked up, and when I looked to the sky and listened to its song, I looked still higher and thought Ps. 103:11 (RSV): “For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him.” Suddenly I saw that this love of God was a greater reality than the cruelty that I experienced myself and saw around me.

PRAYERS & PROMISES FOR EVERY DAY
Corrie ten Boom



Visit the Corrie ten Boom Museum online to learn more about the Ten Boom family.   Inspire others by sharing these  daily quotes to live by in 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment